As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements ("Submitted Content"). You represent and warrant that:
- a) you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- c) your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party's intellectual property rights;
- d) if you use HEVC compression, it's your responsibility to pay the royalties to the MPEG-LA, the owner of HEVC patents as appropriate and if required;
- e) you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- f) when applicable, you will respond promptly to students in your course community and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- a) post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- b) post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- c) use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- d) engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- e) frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- f) impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's account;
- g) interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- h) otherwise abuse Company resources, including support services.
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to cause Us to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Service at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, Company's right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content's removal. However:
1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content's removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access), and
2) Company's right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Us permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Company's content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Relationship between Us and You
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between Us and you. You understand that your use of the Service is subject to Company's approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- b) a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- c) an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on the Company or bring Us into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- d) an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who We learn have violated Company policies; or
- e) as determined by Company in our sole discretion.
Revenue Share and Payments
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount We actually received from the student ("Gross Amount"). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes/Fees, and a 5% administrative and handling fee to calculate the net amount of the sale ("Net Amount").
Your revenue share will be 60% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email.
Company makes all instructor payments in U.S. dollars (USD) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees.
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a U.S. bank account, a PayPal account, or an IBAN (through a service like Transferwise). We can pay directly to Stripe accounts as well. For services like PayPal, Transferwise, and Stripe, your account must be in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. We reserve the right to withhold payments if we do not receive proper identifying information from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income. As an instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by a U.S. company.
Payments will be made quarterly, within 45 days of the end of the quarter in which we receive the fee for a course, providing that the student did not request and receive a refund.
. If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor, or where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor's courses.